Project Scheduling Blueprint
Developed based on the standard industry practices such as PMI Practice Standard for Scheduling and GAO Schedule Assessment Guide, this comprehensive course has been designed to provide you a deep understanding of Project Scheduling concepts and applications in a step-by-step process. It will also equip you with the essential knowledge and skills you need to develop, update, analyze, and control an effective project schedule.
When it comes to planning/scheduling, the common mistake that most people make is taking a “planning/scheduling software” course such as Primavera or MS project. The reality is that you cannot be an effective planner/scheduler if you don’t know the fundamentals of planning/scheduling and how the software works behind the scenes. This course will equip you with ALL the essential knowledge, skills, and techniques that you need to master as a planner/scheduler.
- What project specific information you need to gather prior to creating a schedule.
- How you can define the activities in a schedule.
- How you can sequence the activities using logical relationships and network logic diagramming.
- What methods you can utilize to estimate activities duration.
- What the Critical Path Method (CPM) is.
- How activities’ start and completion dates are calculated using the Critical Path Method.
- The concept behind early and late dates in the schedule and how you can calculate such dates.
- How the amount of float in the schedule is determined.
- How you can load resources to a schedule.
- How you can incorporate the resource limitations into a schedule.
- What approaches you can apply in leveling resources.
- How to shorten the overall duration of the project in order to meet the schedule target dates.
- How to perform time-cost trade off analysis in order to determine whether it is economically advantageous to accelerate a project to make up for the lost time.
- What items you need to check and analyze in reviewing and verifying the schedule.
- What the step-by-step process is in establishing a schedule baseline.
- What steps you need to follow to maintain the schedule at each update cycle.
- What data you need to collect in order to update the schedule.
- How you can update the schedule with approved changes, resulting from the change control process.
- What you need to consider in identifying and analyzing schedule variances.
- What recovery strategies you can implement to minimize the impact of schedule variances.
- What schedule performance measurements you can use in analyzing schedule performance trends and predicting future schedule behavior
- How you can effectively report and communicate the schedule status and issues.
By the end of this course, you will understand:
The Project Scheduling Blueprint course is delivered in 19 modules as follows:
- Module 01- Project Scheduling Blueprint Course Overview
- Module 02- Introduction to Project Scheduling
- Module 03- Schedule Development Process
- Module 04- Activity Definition Process
- Module 05- Activity Sequencing Process- Defining Logical Relationships, Lags, & Leads
- Module 06- Activity Sequencing Process- Network Logic Diagramming
- Module 07- Activity Duration Estimating
- Module 08- Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Module 09- CPM on Different Activity Relationships
- Module 10- Schedule Resource Loading
- Module 11- Schedule Resource Leveling
- Module 12- Schedule Health Check & Output Analysis
- Module 13- Schedule Acceleration
- Module 14- Time-Cost Trade-off Analysis
- Module 15- Schedule Baselining
- Module 16- Schedule Updating- Collecting the Actual Status
- Module 17- Schedule Updating- Updating the Schedule with Actuals and Approved Changes
- Module 18- Schedule Variance Analysis
- Module 19: Schedule Reporting
Following is what you will receive upon registration for this training:
- Access to 19 online training video modules that cover all the essentials. The modules will be released over a period of 7 weeks.
- Handbook of the course material in pdf: This becomes very handy when you want to recall the topics covered and the tools and strategies provided.
- Course exercises and case studies: these will help you comprehend the course content and enable you to experiment the real life projects.
- A final quiz so you can assess the knowledge and skills you have gained after completion of the training.
- 24/7 access for 12 full months to all the training material.
- 12-month access to "Ask Instructor Anything Forum" where the master instructor personally answers any question you might have related to project controls.
- 30-day money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with content or quality of the training.
Upon completion of the training you will receive:
- 35 PDUs or PMI contact hours
- Certificate of Completion
No Reviews found for this course.